Overview of EtherCIS
We want some things to be boringly simple so we can do exciting things with them –
John D. Cook
Welcome to the EtherCIS Enterprise Grade Data Repository
EtherCIS (Ethereal Clinical Information System) is an Open Source platform compatible with the openEHR clinical information representation standard.
- The core openEHR information model
- The openEHR specialized query language AQL
- Direct DB querying using SQL
- GraphQL queries (experimental)
- A RESTful API (converging to the proposed openEHR EHR REST API)
- A Service Architecture aligned with openEHR services recommendation
EtherCIS uses extensively the PostgreSQL database not only for persistence but also to implement openEHR essential capabilities including
- Archetype Model (AOM)
- Template Model
- Locatable Objects (openEHR Path Syntax)
- Versioned Objects (openEHR versioning)
Other EtherCIS features include
- Validation of data based on openEHR constraint model
- Remote monitoring of the platform using
- Pre-packaged Docker container
At the time of this writing, EtherCIS security and confidentiality has been left open since it is strongly site dependent. Nevertheless, authentication and authorization is implemented to support various schemes.
The same remark applies to demographics.
EtherCIS is available under Apache 2.0 license.